The workshop on making a “Bloom Gift Arrangement” was just fabulous. With the guidance of Anuschka and Anna, all 22 of us went home with beautiful, professional arrangements.
Here are some of their tips:
- Orange is a true neutral and adds cheer to any arrangement.
- When using white, either do all white or add just one color to white.
- Use either warm colors or cool colors.
- When in doubt, keep it monochromatic.
- When making an arrangement for a dining table, keep it below 11 inches.
- The shape is created by the greens.
- Grow ninebark, hydrangea or privet to use as the basis for your home arrangements.
- Fragrance is a part of texture. A vase of hyacinths, while lovely for a coffee table, will overwhelm a dinner table.
- Use a knife to cut your flower stems, not clippers.