Terry Rennolds, Little Eden owner, shared with the group tips for caring for indoor plants in Colorado, and many were revelations! Here are a few:
- Keep indoor plants moist at all times.
- Use plastic pots; let stand in water.
- The more light, the more water. Less light, less water.
- Break off the tip bud on blooming Phalaenopsis to promote other spikes.
- Use 1 ½ oz. Palmolive (not Dawn!) in one gallon of water. Once a year pour around soil of plant. This will kill larvae in the soil. Use soapy spray on mealy bugs, leave it on for a few minutes, then spray it off with clean water.
- Use Osmocote as a fertilizer to reduce mineral deposits on the container.
- Use Osmocote on all plants once a year, including orchids.
- When transplanting a plant there is no need to disturb the roots or loosen them.
- Have a saucer with water underneath ferns all the time.